Can you imagine a Hollywood blockbuster movie without that incredible music? Neither can we! This family friendly Pops concert will feature music from several of Hollywood’s most recognizable soundtracks, including: Pirates of the Caribbean, James Bond, Batman: The Dark Knight, and Incredits from The Incredibles to name a few.
Also, on the program is a “sound track” (so to speak) for a film that has never been made, entitled Godzilla Eats Las Vegas. This music composed by the popular American composer, Eric Whitacre, is one of the most entertaining pieces of music you will ever hear anywhere. It musically depicts the city of Las Vegas being attacked by, the big man himself, Godzilla. But before all hope is lost an army of marching Elvi (plural of Elvis) parachute in to save the day. This outrageous and fun piece of music is something you just have to see and hear for yourself!
- arr. Williams, Tribute to the Film Composer.......4 mins
- Badelt, Pirates of the Caribbean.......6 mins
- Norman, Themes from 007.......4 mins
- Gregson-Williams, Wonder Woman.......4 mins
- Zimmer, Batman: Dark Knight Rises.......6 mins
- Williams, Hymn to the Fallen from Saving Private Ryan ......5 mins
- arr. Lowden, Armed Forces Salute.......4 mins
- R. Strauss, Also Sprach Zarathustra.......2 mins
- Wagner, Die Walkure (Ride of the Valkyries).......5 mins
- Goldsmith, Suite from Mulan.......7 mins
- Giacchino, Incredits from The Incredibles.......4 mins
- E. Bernstein, Magnificent Seven.......5 mins
- Whitacre, Godzilla Eats Las Vegas.......14 mins
6PM - Classical Conversations with Music Director Stefan Sanders and Chris Vaneman, Director of Petrie School of Music at Converse College
7PM - Performance
Things to note: Valet Parking provided at no cost. Refreshments are available for purchase.